Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Imagination

This is B's bird's nest. She made it out of grass clippings and two little rocks. I have always struggled with the labels that have been put on autistic people. It is said that they have no imagination or creativity. I used to agree with that, because the girls seem to only copy things from movies, or books. Lately I find I'm changing my mind about this. Perhaps they are copying, but they are using their imagination and creativity to do this. There is this beautiful little nest, and the paper ballet slippers and crown. Don't we all copy when we are being creative? We take the things we like and we use them to create something else, wether we are aware of it or not. Our result may be similar to the original or it may be something completely different. We call it inspiration. I think my girls are full of creativity and imagination. They take the things they like, and recreate them with what ever they can find, such as paper. They also take something like grass clippings, and use them to create something new. If that's not using your creativity and imagination, then I don't know what is...

IMG_8390

No comments: